Jun 2, 2013, 7:10 PM EST
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig, currently hitting .313 with a .982 OPS with the Double-A Chattanooga Lookouts, has been promoted to the big leagues, tweets Scott Miller of CBS Sports. He was not in Chattanooga’s lineup yesterday or today, fueling speculation about the promotion. Center fielder Matt Kemp went on the disabled list with a strained right hamstring on May 31 and Carl Crawford had to leave last night’s game with a strained left hamstring, which left the team bereft of capable outfielders.
To make room on the roster, the Dodgers demoted Matt Magill, who had an ugly start in Colorado this afternoon in a Dodgers loss.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)