Jun 2, 2013, 7:10 PM EST
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig, currently hitting .313 with a .982 OPS with the Double-A Chattanooga Lookouts, has been promoted to the big leagues, tweets Scott Miller of CBS Sports. He was not in Chattanooga’s lineup yesterday or today, fueling speculation about the promotion. Center fielder Matt Kemp went on the disabled list with a strained right hamstring on May 31 and Carl Crawford had to leave last night’s game with a strained left hamstring, which left the team bereft of capable outfielders.
To make room on the roster, the Dodgers demoted Matt Magill, who had an ugly start in Colorado this afternoon in a Dodgers loss.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)