Jun 2, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig, currently hitting .313 with a .982 OPS with the Double-A Chattanooga Lookouts, has been promoted to the big leagues, tweets Scott Miller of CBS Sports. He was not in Chattanooga’s lineup yesterday or today, fueling speculation about the promotion. Center fielder Matt Kemp went on the disabled list with a strained right hamstring on May 31 and Carl Crawford had to leave last night’s game with a strained left hamstring, which left the team bereft of capable outfielders.
To make room on the roster, the Dodgers demoted Matt Magill, who had an ugly start in Colorado this afternoon in a Dodgers loss.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 0
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 16
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 50
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 62
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 30
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)