Jun 2, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig, currently hitting .313 with a .982 OPS with the Double-A Chattanooga Lookouts, has been promoted to the big leagues, tweets Scott Miller of CBS Sports. He was not in Chattanooga’s lineup yesterday or today, fueling speculation about the promotion. Center fielder Matt Kemp went on the disabled list with a strained right hamstring on May 31 and Carl Crawford had to leave last night’s game with a strained left hamstring, which left the team bereft of capable outfielders.
To make room on the roster, the Dodgers demoted Matt Magill, who had an ugly start in Colorado this afternoon in a Dodgers loss.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)