Jun 2, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig, currently hitting .313 with a .982 OPS with the Double-A Chattanooga Lookouts, has been promoted to the big leagues, tweets Scott Miller of CBS Sports. He was not in Chattanooga’s lineup yesterday or today, fueling speculation about the promotion. Center fielder Matt Kemp went on the disabled list with a strained right hamstring on May 31 and Carl Crawford had to leave last night’s game with a strained left hamstring, which left the team bereft of capable outfielders.
To make room on the roster, the Dodgers demoted Matt Magill, who had an ugly start in Colorado this afternoon in a Dodgers loss.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 6
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 19
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 43
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 32
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 23
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)