Jun 3, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre exited Saturday’s game after injuring his hamstring running the bases and then sat out Sunday, but an MRI exam revealed what the Rangers are calling a “minor” strain for the third baseman.
Texas has today off and manager Ron Washington indicated to Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas that Beltre could be back in the lineup as soon as Tuesday.
Beltre played in all of the Rangers’ first 55 games before sitting out Sunday and is hitting .305 with 11 homers and an .872 OPS.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 31
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 22
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)