Jun 3, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre exited Saturday’s game after injuring his hamstring running the bases and then sat out Sunday, but an MRI exam revealed what the Rangers are calling a “minor” strain for the third baseman.
Texas has today off and manager Ron Washington indicated to Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas that Beltre could be back in the lineup as soon as Tuesday.
Beltre played in all of the Rangers’ first 55 games before sitting out Sunday and is hitting .305 with 11 homers and an .872 OPS.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)