Jun 3, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre exited Saturday’s game after injuring his hamstring running the bases and then sat out Sunday, but an MRI exam revealed what the Rangers are calling a “minor” strain for the third baseman.
Texas has today off and manager Ron Washington indicated to Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas that Beltre could be back in the lineup as soon as Tuesday.
Beltre played in all of the Rangers’ first 55 games before sitting out Sunday and is hitting .305 with 11 homers and an .872 OPS.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)