Jun 3, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre exited Saturday’s game after injuring his hamstring running the bases and then sat out Sunday, but an MRI exam revealed what the Rangers are calling a “minor” strain for the third baseman.
Texas has today off and manager Ron Washington indicated to Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas that Beltre could be back in the lineup as soon as Tuesday.
Beltre played in all of the Rangers’ first 55 games before sitting out Sunday and is hitting .305 with 11 homers and an .872 OPS.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)