Jun 3, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre exited Saturday’s game after injuring his hamstring running the bases and then sat out Sunday, but an MRI exam revealed what the Rangers are calling a “minor” strain for the third baseman.
Texas has today off and manager Ron Washington indicated to Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas that Beltre could be back in the lineup as soon as Tuesday.
Beltre played in all of the Rangers’ first 55 games before sitting out Sunday and is hitting .305 with 11 homers and an .872 OPS.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 280
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 32
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (286)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)