Jun 3, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that Asdrubal Cabrera left tonight’s game against the Yankees with a strained right quad. He injured himself while running to first base on a ground out in the fifth inning.
No word on the severity of the injury, but the quad has been a nagging issue with Cabrera dating back to late April. Mike Aviles would likely handle starting shortstop duties if the Indians decide to place him on the disabled list.
Cabrera, 27, is batting .254/.311/.434 with five home runs, 25 RBI, five stolen bases and a .745 OPS in 53 games this season.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (151)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)