Jun 3, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that Asdrubal Cabrera left tonight’s game against the Yankees with a strained right quad. He injured himself while running to first base on a ground out in the fifth inning.
No word on the severity of the injury, but the quad has been a nagging issue with Cabrera dating back to late April. Mike Aviles would likely handle starting shortstop duties if the Indians decide to place him on the disabled list.
Cabrera, 27, is batting .254/.311/.434 with five home runs, 25 RBI, five stolen bases and a .745 OPS in 53 games this season.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)