Jun 3, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that Asdrubal Cabrera left tonight’s game against the Yankees with a strained right quad. He injured himself while running to first base on a ground out in the fifth inning.
No word on the severity of the injury, but the quad has been a nagging issue with Cabrera dating back to late April. Mike Aviles would likely handle starting shortstop duties if the Indians decide to place him on the disabled list.
Cabrera, 27, is batting .254/.311/.434 with five home runs, 25 RBI, five stolen bases and a .745 OPS in 53 games this season.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 47
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 28
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 7
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)