Jun 3, 2013, 7:31 PM EST
Lots of movement for the last-place Dodgers as they prepare to begin a three-game series tonight against the Padres.
Carl Crawford, who suffered a strained right hamstring on Saturday, has officially landed on the 15-day disabled list. The move clears a spot for right-hander Stephen Fife on the active roster. Fife will make the start tonight after left-hander Chris Capuano had to be scratched due to a strained triceps muscle.
Oh, but that’s not all. Yasiel Puig, who was called up from Double-A Chattanooga yesterday, will make his major league debut tonight in right field. And the Dodgers aren’t easing him into things. He’s batting leadoff. With Puig in right field, Andre Ethier will make his second start in center field in the past week.
Eric Stephen of the excellent True Blue LA notes that the last Dodger to start out of the leadoff spot in his MLB debut was Jose Offerman on August 19, 1990. He homered in his first at-bat. No pressure or anything.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 30
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 30
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)