Jun 3, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Orioles stud pitching prospect Dylan Bundy was shut down for six weeks with an elbow injury, but after being examined by Dr. James Andrews the 20-year-old right-hander has been cleared to resume throwing.
Bundy got a platelet-rich plasma injection in April, which has apparently worked well, although obviously the Orioles will be keeping very close tabs on him all season.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that Bundy will start throwing again next Monday, so there’s no timetable yet for a return to game action.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)