Jun 3, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Orioles stud pitching prospect Dylan Bundy was shut down for six weeks with an elbow injury, but after being examined by Dr. James Andrews the 20-year-old right-hander has been cleared to resume throwing.
Bundy got a platelet-rich plasma injection in April, which has apparently worked well, although obviously the Orioles will be keeping very close tabs on him all season.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that Bundy will start throwing again next Monday, so there’s no timetable yet for a return to game action.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)