Jun 3, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Orioles stud pitching prospect Dylan Bundy was shut down for six weeks with an elbow injury, but after being examined by Dr. James Andrews the 20-year-old right-hander has been cleared to resume throwing.
Bundy got a platelet-rich plasma injection in April, which has apparently worked well, although obviously the Orioles will be keeping very close tabs on him all season.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that Bundy will start throwing again next Monday, so there’s no timetable yet for a return to game action.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)