Jun 3, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Orioles stud pitching prospect Dylan Bundy was shut down for six weeks with an elbow injury, but after being examined by Dr. James Andrews the 20-year-old right-hander has been cleared to resume throwing.
Bundy got a platelet-rich plasma injection in April, which has apparently worked well, although obviously the Orioles will be keeping very close tabs on him all season.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that Bundy will start throwing again next Monday, so there’s no timetable yet for a return to game action.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 32
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 25
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 35
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)