Jun 3, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Orioles stud pitching prospect Dylan Bundy was shut down for six weeks with an elbow injury, but after being examined by Dr. James Andrews the 20-year-old right-hander has been cleared to resume throwing.
Bundy got a platelet-rich plasma injection in April, which has apparently worked well, although obviously the Orioles will be keeping very close tabs on him all season.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that Bundy will start throwing again next Monday, so there’s no timetable yet for a return to game action.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106