Jun 3, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
One of the gloves Jackie Robinson wore while playing for the Dodgers in 1955 and 1956 was sold at an auction for $373,000.
According to Darren Rovell of ESPN.com that’s the second-highest price ever paid for a glove, behind $387,500 for a Lou Gehrig glove at a 1999 auction.
Also in the same auction: One of Robinson’s bats went for $114,000 and Mickey Mantle’s contract from 1960 went for $39,930.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)