Jun 3, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
One of the gloves Jackie Robinson wore while playing for the Dodgers in 1955 and 1956 was sold at an auction for $373,000.
According to Darren Rovell of ESPN.com that’s the second-highest price ever paid for a glove, behind $387,500 for a Lou Gehrig glove at a 1999 auction.
Also in the same auction: One of Robinson’s bats went for $114,000 and Mickey Mantle’s contract from 1960 went for $39,930.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)