Jun 3, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
One of the gloves Jackie Robinson wore while playing for the Dodgers in 1955 and 1956 was sold at an auction for $373,000.
According to Darren Rovell of ESPN.com that’s the second-highest price ever paid for a glove, behind $387,500 for a Lou Gehrig glove at a 1999 auction.
Also in the same auction: One of Robinson’s bats went for $114,000 and Mickey Mantle’s contract from 1960 went for $39,930.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)