Jun 3, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
One of the gloves Jackie Robinson wore while playing for the Dodgers in 1955 and 1956 was sold at an auction for $373,000.
According to Darren Rovell of ESPN.com that’s the second-highest price ever paid for a glove, behind $387,500 for a Lou Gehrig glove at a 1999 auction.
Also in the same auction: One of Robinson’s bats went for $114,000 and Mickey Mantle’s contract from 1960 went for $39,930.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 27
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 19
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 34
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)