Jun 3, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
Gordon Beckham is back from the disabled list after missing nearly two months with a broken hamate bone in his left hand.
Beckham spent eight games rehabbing at Triple-A, going 12-for-36 (.333) with two doubles, and to make room for his return the White Sox designated Tyler Greene for assignment.
Jeff Keppinger has been the primary fill in for Beckham at second base, but posted a measly .589 OPS in 34 games there and figures to move into a part-time utility role for now.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)