Jun 3, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
Gordon Beckham is back from the disabled list after missing nearly two months with a broken hamate bone in his left hand.
Beckham spent eight games rehabbing at Triple-A, going 12-for-36 (.333) with two doubles, and to make room for his return the White Sox designated Tyler Greene for assignment.
Jeff Keppinger has been the primary fill in for Beckham at second base, but posted a measly .589 OPS in 34 games there and figures to move into a part-time utility role for now.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)