Jun 3, 2013, 2:21 PM EST
Gordon Beckham is back from the disabled list after missing nearly two months with a broken hamate bone in his left hand.
Beckham spent eight games rehabbing at Triple-A, going 12-for-36 (.333) with two doubles, and to make room for his return the White Sox designated Tyler Greene for assignment.
Jeff Keppinger has been the primary fill in for Beckham at second base, but posted a measly .589 OPS in 34 games there and figures to move into a part-time utility role for now.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)