Jun 3, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
Gordon Beckham is back from the disabled list after missing nearly two months with a broken hamate bone in his left hand.
Beckham spent eight games rehabbing at Triple-A, going 12-for-36 (.333) with two doubles, and to make room for his return the White Sox designated Tyler Greene for assignment.
Jeff Keppinger has been the primary fill in for Beckham at second base, but posted a measly .589 OPS in 34 games there and figures to move into a part-time utility role for now.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69