Jun 3, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
Gordon Beckham is back from the disabled list after missing nearly two months with a broken hamate bone in his left hand.
Beckham spent eight games rehabbing at Triple-A, going 12-for-36 (.333) with two doubles, and to make room for his return the White Sox designated Tyler Greene for assignment.
Jeff Keppinger has been the primary fill in for Beckham at second base, but posted a measly .589 OPS in 34 games there and figures to move into a part-time utility role for now.
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 30
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 44
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 27
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)