Jun 4, 2013, 6:37 AM EDT
Dodgers 2, Padres 1: Welcome to the bigs Yasiel Puig. In his first game Puig had two hits and then in the ninth he made a catch at the wall and then a strong throw to first to double off Chris Donorfia to end the game. This guy has the chance to be something special.
Yankees 7, Indians 4: Mark Teixeira is paying dividends already, hitting a grand slam in the bottom of the third. Andy Pettitte made his return from the disabled list too. It wasn’t so hot — he gave up four runs on seven hits and walked three in four and two-thirds — but four relievers held the Tribe scoreless the rest of the way.
Astros 2, Angels 1: The Astros remain hot, winning their sixth straight and completing a sweep of the Angels. Not to take anything away from Houston, but the Angels have no business being talked about as a “disappointment” after this series, for that implies that they’re better than they’re showing. They have to face facts and realize that they simply stink.
Mariners 4, White Sox 2: Raul Ibanez hit a homer in a 13-pitch at bat in the third inning. John Danks‘ explanation as to what happened? “I just ran out of ideas.” Heh. The White Sox are a hot mess, having dropped seven straight.
Athletics 10, Brewers 2: Viva pitchers batting: Tommy Milone went 2 for 4 with an RBI and two runs scored. Coco Crisp had four hits including a leadoff homer. The A’s stay red hot, winners of 15 of 17.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)