Jun 4, 2013, 6:37 AM EDT
Dodgers 2, Padres 1: Welcome to the bigs Yasiel Puig. In his first game Puig had two hits and then in the ninth he made a catch at the wall and then a strong throw to first to double off Chris Donorfia to end the game. This guy has the chance to be something special.
Yankees 7, Indians 4: Mark Teixeira is paying dividends already, hitting a grand slam in the bottom of the third. Andy Pettitte made his return from the disabled list too. It wasn’t so hot — he gave up four runs on seven hits and walked three in four and two-thirds — but four relievers held the Tribe scoreless the rest of the way.
Astros 2, Angels 1: The Astros remain hot, winning their sixth straight and completing a sweep of the Angels. Not to take anything away from Houston, but the Angels have no business being talked about as a “disappointment” after this series, for that implies that they’re better than they’re showing. They have to face facts and realize that they simply stink.
Mariners 4, White Sox 2: Raul Ibanez hit a homer in a 13-pitch at bat in the third inning. John Danks‘ explanation as to what happened? “I just ran out of ideas.” Heh. The White Sox are a hot mess, having dropped seven straight.
Athletics 10, Brewers 2: Viva pitchers batting: Tommy Milone went 2 for 4 with an RBI and two runs scored. Coco Crisp had four hits including a leadoff homer. The A’s stay red hot, winners of 15 of 17.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 17
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 19
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 30
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)