Jun 4, 2013, 6:37 AM EST
Dodgers 2, Padres 1: Welcome to the bigs Yasiel Puig. In his first game Puig had two hits and then in the ninth he made a catch at the wall and then a strong throw to first to double off Chris Donorfia to end the game. This guy has the chance to be something special.
Yankees 7, Indians 4: Mark Teixeira is paying dividends already, hitting a grand slam in the bottom of the third. Andy Pettitte made his return from the disabled list too. It wasn’t so hot — he gave up four runs on seven hits and walked three in four and two-thirds — but four relievers held the Tribe scoreless the rest of the way.
Astros 2, Angels 1: The Astros remain hot, winning their sixth straight and completing a sweep of the Angels. Not to take anything away from Houston, but the Angels have no business being talked about as a “disappointment” after this series, for that implies that they’re better than they’re showing. They have to face facts and realize that they simply stink.
Mariners 4, White Sox 2: Raul Ibanez hit a homer in a 13-pitch at bat in the third inning. John Danks‘ explanation as to what happened? “I just ran out of ideas.” Heh. The White Sox are a hot mess, having dropped seven straight.
Athletics 10, Brewers 2: Viva pitchers batting: Tommy Milone went 2 for 4 with an RBI and two runs scored. Coco Crisp had four hits including a leadoff homer. The A’s stay red hot, winners of 15 of 17.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 27
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)