Jun 4, 2013, 8:56 AM EDT
Cody Decker of the Tucson Padres is a master of accents, and showed off his talent on 1290 AM radio.
Actually, I have no idea how much mastery Decker actually has over these accents. I can point out the differences among southern U.S. accents and dialects, but beyond that I’m pretty poor at recognizing them. Natives and buzzkillers will likely point out his mistakes. Like, I totally noticed him transitioning from Scottish to Russian a bit slowly.
But if you’re grading ballplayers on a curve for their non-baseball traits — and I really think we should — this is pretty darm good.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 25
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 57
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)