Jun 4, 2013, 8:56 AM EDT
Cody Decker of the Tucson Padres is a master of accents, and showed off his talent on 1290 AM radio.
Actually, I have no idea how much mastery Decker actually has over these accents. I can point out the differences among southern U.S. accents and dialects, but beyond that I’m pretty poor at recognizing them. Natives and buzzkillers will likely point out his mistakes. Like, I totally noticed him transitioning from Scottish to Russian a bit slowly.
But if you’re grading ballplayers on a curve for their non-baseball traits — and I really think we should — this is pretty darm good.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 15
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 57
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)