Jun 4, 2013, 8:56 AM EDT
Cody Decker of the Tucson Padres is a master of accents, and showed off his talent on 1290 AM radio.
Actually, I have no idea how much mastery Decker actually has over these accents. I can point out the differences among southern U.S. accents and dialects, but beyond that I’m pretty poor at recognizing them. Natives and buzzkillers will likely point out his mistakes. Like, I totally noticed him transitioning from Scottish to Russian a bit slowly.
But if you’re grading ballplayers on a curve for their non-baseball traits — and I really think we should — this is pretty darm good.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)