Jun 4, 2013, 8:56 AM EDT
Cody Decker of the Tucson Padres is a master of accents, and showed off his talent on 1290 AM radio.
Actually, I have no idea how much mastery Decker actually has over these accents. I can point out the differences among southern U.S. accents and dialects, but beyond that I’m pretty poor at recognizing them. Natives and buzzkillers will likely point out his mistakes. Like, I totally noticed him transitioning from Scottish to Russian a bit slowly.
But if you’re grading ballplayers on a curve for their non-baseball traits — and I really think we should — this is pretty darm good.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 141
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (143)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)