Jun 4, 2013, 3:21 PM EST
Mike Aviles will take over as Cleveland’s primary shortstop and 24-year-old Juan Diaz was called up from Triple-A to provide some infield depth, but he was hitting just .211 with a .591 OPS in 52 games for Columbus and has a pretty terrible track record.
Cabrera hit .254 with five homers and 18 doubles in 53 games before being placed on the DL, posting a .745 OPS that’s nearly identical to his .756 career mark.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15