Jun 4, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Mike Aviles will take over as Cleveland’s primary shortstop and 24-year-old Juan Diaz was called up from Triple-A to provide some infield depth, but he was hitting just .211 with a .591 OPS in 52 games for Columbus and has a pretty terrible track record.
Cabrera hit .254 with five homers and 18 doubles in 53 games before being placed on the DL, posting a .745 OPS that’s nearly identical to his .756 career mark.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)