Jun 4, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Mike Aviles will take over as Cleveland’s primary shortstop and 24-year-old Juan Diaz was called up from Triple-A to provide some infield depth, but he was hitting just .211 with a .591 OPS in 52 games for Columbus and has a pretty terrible track record.
Cabrera hit .254 with five homers and 18 doubles in 53 games before being placed on the DL, posting a .745 OPS that’s nearly identical to his .756 career mark.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 2
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 29
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)