Jun 4, 2013, 3:21 PM EST
Mike Aviles will take over as Cleveland’s primary shortstop and 24-year-old Juan Diaz was called up from Triple-A to provide some infield depth, but he was hitting just .211 with a .591 OPS in 52 games for Columbus and has a pretty terrible track record.
Cabrera hit .254 with five homers and 18 doubles in 53 games before being placed on the DL, posting a .745 OPS that’s nearly identical to his .756 career mark.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)