Jun 4, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News reports that third baseman Pablo Sandoval is back in the Giants’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Blue Jays after missing San Francisco’s three-game weekend series in St. Louis because of a foot strain.
Angel Pagan, on the other hand, remains sidelined by a right hamstring strain and will miss his eighth straight game. Gregor Blanco will start in center field in his place and Andres Torres will patrol left.
Sandoval, 26, is batting .288/.328/.434 with eight home runs and 37 RBI in 53 games this season. The Giants enter play Tuesday with a 30-27 record and a two-game deficit behind the division-leading Diamondbacks in the National League West.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)