Jun 4, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News reports that third baseman Pablo Sandoval is back in the Giants’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Blue Jays after missing San Francisco’s three-game weekend series in St. Louis because of a foot strain.
Angel Pagan, on the other hand, remains sidelined by a right hamstring strain and will miss his eighth straight game. Gregor Blanco will start in center field in his place and Andres Torres will patrol left.
Sandoval, 26, is batting .288/.328/.434 with eight home runs and 37 RBI in 53 games this season. The Giants enter play Tuesday with a 30-27 record and a two-game deficit behind the division-leading Diamondbacks in the National League West.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)