Jun 4, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Perez has been away from the team since May 25, but will resume starting nearly every day behind the plate. Herrera was oddly demoted to Triple-A two weeks ago despite a 3.04 career ERA because of a brief rough patch and returns having thrown 4.2 scoreless innings in the minors.
To make room on the roster the Royals demoted catcher Adam Moore and reliever Louis Coleman to Triple-A.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 37
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 68
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 119
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (119)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)