Jun 4, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
One of my favorite parts of the draft each year is all the relatives of current and former big leaguers being picked out of high school and college.
Conor Glassey of Baseball America has combed through thousands of potential draftees to put together a pretty extensive list of players with MLB bloodlines, along with some other players with famous relatives outside of baseball.
Glassey’s list includes the sons of Manny Ramirez, Craig Biggio, Roger Clemens, Jay Buhner, Bucky Dent, John Farrell, Torii Hunter, Rafael Palmeiro, Andy Pettitte, and Jamie Moyer, plus Jason Heyward‘s brother, Harmon Killebrew’s grandson, Ruben Amaro Jr.’s nephew … you get the idea.
Check out the whole list and spend the rest of the day feeling old/nostalgic.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (89)