Jun 4, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
One of my favorite parts of the draft each year is all the relatives of current and former big leaguers being picked out of high school and college.
Conor Glassey of Baseball America has combed through thousands of potential draftees to put together a pretty extensive list of players with MLB bloodlines, along with some other players with famous relatives outside of baseball.
Glassey’s list includes the sons of Manny Ramirez, Craig Biggio, Roger Clemens, Jay Buhner, Bucky Dent, John Farrell, Torii Hunter, Rafael Palmeiro, Andy Pettitte, and Jamie Moyer, plus Jason Heyward‘s brother, Harmon Killebrew’s grandson, Ruben Amaro Jr.’s nephew … you get the idea.
Check out the whole list and spend the rest of the day feeling old/nostalgic.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (184)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (146)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)