Jun 4, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
One of my favorite parts of the draft each year is all the relatives of current and former big leaguers being picked out of high school and college.
Conor Glassey of Baseball America has combed through thousands of potential draftees to put together a pretty extensive list of players with MLB bloodlines, along with some other players with famous relatives outside of baseball.
Glassey’s list includes the sons of Manny Ramirez, Craig Biggio, Roger Clemens, Jay Buhner, Bucky Dent, John Farrell, Torii Hunter, Rafael Palmeiro, Andy Pettitte, and Jamie Moyer, plus Jason Heyward‘s brother, Harmon Killebrew’s grandson, Ruben Amaro Jr.’s nephew … you get the idea.
Check out the whole list and spend the rest of the day feeling old/nostalgic.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (154)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)