Jun 4, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
One of my favorite parts of the draft each year is all the relatives of current and former big leaguers being picked out of high school and college.
Conor Glassey of Baseball America has combed through thousands of potential draftees to put together a pretty extensive list of players with MLB bloodlines, along with some other players with famous relatives outside of baseball.
Glassey’s list includes the sons of Manny Ramirez, Craig Biggio, Roger Clemens, Jay Buhner, Bucky Dent, John Farrell, Torii Hunter, Rafael Palmeiro, Andy Pettitte, and Jamie Moyer, plus Jason Heyward‘s brother, Harmon Killebrew’s grandson, Ruben Amaro Jr.’s nephew … you get the idea.
Check out the whole list and spend the rest of the day feeling old/nostalgic.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 42
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 30
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)