Jun 4, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
One of my favorite parts of the draft each year is all the relatives of current and former big leaguers being picked out of high school and college.
Conor Glassey of Baseball America has combed through thousands of potential draftees to put together a pretty extensive list of players with MLB bloodlines, along with some other players with famous relatives outside of baseball.
Glassey’s list includes the sons of Manny Ramirez, Craig Biggio, Roger Clemens, Jay Buhner, Bucky Dent, John Farrell, Torii Hunter, Rafael Palmeiro, Andy Pettitte, and Jamie Moyer, plus Jason Heyward‘s brother, Harmon Killebrew’s grandson, Ruben Amaro Jr.’s nephew … you get the idea.
Check out the whole list and spend the rest of the day feeling old/nostalgic.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 61
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 58
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)