Jun 4, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Yesterday was the AL, today the Senior Circuit. Here are the vote leaders by position:
- First Base: Joey Votto, 1,044,742
- Second Base: Brandon Phillips, 1,019,240
- Third Base: Pablo Sandoval, 1,094,475
- Shortstop: Troy Tulowitzki, 1,025,844
- Outfield: Justin Upton, 1,184,249, Bryce Harper, 1,182,532, Ryan Braun 945,665
- Catcher: Buster Posey, 1,275,956
They don’t do DH balloting in the NL, obviously. All of the vote totals can be seen here.
While the Reds and Giants are more than well-represented in the top slots, I feel like there is some Braves ballot-box stuffing going on too. Dan Uggla is the fifth place second baseman. Some 400,000+ people think B.J. Upton deserves to be in the All-Star Game. That’s worse than voting for an immobile and inactive Derek Jeter. At least Jeter would play well if he could, you know, walk.
No one is particularly close to Votto, Phillips, Tulowitzki, or Posey. David Wright is within striking distance of Sandoval. Carlos Beltran is a pretty strong fourth outfielder at the moment. If I remember correctly, Cardinals players surged in later vote tabulations last year, so maybe there’s hope for him and Molina and others.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 13
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)