Jun 4, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Ben Francisco went unclaimed on waivers after being designated for assignment last week and the Yankees have released the 31-year-old outfielder.
Francisco signed with the Yankees after being released by the Indians in spring training, but hit just .114 in 21 games. He was a solid part-time player early in his career, but Francisco has a .230 batting average and .664 OPS in 203 games since 2011.
Wherever he winds up, at this point it seems likely that he’ll have to hit his way back to the majors with a good stint at Triple-A.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)