Jun 5, 2013, 12:55 PM EST
Estrada injured his hamstring during Monday’s start, continuing a rough season that has seen him serve up a league-high 14 homers on the way to a 5.32 ERA. His performance has been particularly disappointing considering how well Estrada pitched last year in his first shot as a full-time starter for the Brewers.
Thornburg pitched fairly well in his 22-inning debut last season, but has struggled mightily at Triple-A this year with a 6.75 ERA in 12 starts. However, he has racked up 64 strikeouts in 56 innings and the 2010 third-round pick pitched very well at Triple-A in the second half of last season.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)