Jun 5, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Estrada injured his hamstring during Monday’s start, continuing a rough season that has seen him serve up a league-high 14 homers on the way to a 5.32 ERA. His performance has been particularly disappointing considering how well Estrada pitched last year in his first shot as a full-time starter for the Brewers.
Thornburg pitched fairly well in his 22-inning debut last season, but has struggled mightily at Triple-A this year with a 6.75 ERA in 12 starts. However, he has racked up 64 strikeouts in 56 innings and the 2010 third-round pick pitched very well at Triple-A in the second half of last season.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 31
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 45
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)