Jun 5, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Estrada injured his hamstring during Monday’s start, continuing a rough season that has seen him serve up a league-high 14 homers on the way to a 5.32 ERA. His performance has been particularly disappointing considering how well Estrada pitched last year in his first shot as a full-time starter for the Brewers.
Thornburg pitched fairly well in his 22-inning debut last season, but has struggled mightily at Triple-A this year with a 6.75 ERA in 12 starts. However, he has racked up 64 strikeouts in 56 innings and the 2010 third-round pick pitched very well at Triple-A in the second half of last season.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)