Jun 5, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Estrada injured his hamstring during Monday’s start, continuing a rough season that has seen him serve up a league-high 14 homers on the way to a 5.32 ERA. His performance has been particularly disappointing considering how well Estrada pitched last year in his first shot as a full-time starter for the Brewers.
Thornburg pitched fairly well in his 22-inning debut last season, but has struggled mightily at Triple-A this year with a 6.75 ERA in 12 starts. However, he has racked up 64 strikeouts in 56 innings and the 2010 third-round pick pitched very well at Triple-A in the second half of last season.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)