Jun 5, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Diamondbacks’ starter Daniel Hudson had his first legitimate rehab start last night in his march back from Tommy John surgery. It didn’t end like he hoped it would:
#Dbacks RHP Daniel Hudson experienced stiffness in his elbow. Headed back to Phx to see Dr. Michael Lee.
— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) June 5, 2013
Tommy John rehab has become so routine these days that setbacks like this make one take notice. It’s obviously too early to know if it’s going to be problematic long term, but Hudson will surely be joining the Dbacks later than expected.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12