Jun 5, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Diamondbacks’ starter Daniel Hudson had his first legitimate rehab start last night in his march back from Tommy John surgery. It didn’t end like he hoped it would:
#Dbacks RHP Daniel Hudson experienced stiffness in his elbow. Headed back to Phx to see Dr. Michael Lee.
— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) June 5, 2013
Tommy John rehab has become so routine these days that setbacks like this make one take notice. It’s obviously too early to know if it’s going to be problematic long term, but Hudson will surely be joining the Dbacks later than expected.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69