Jun 5, 2013, 9:20 AM EST
Diamondbacks’ starter Daniel Hudson had his first legitimate rehab start last night in his march back from Tommy John surgery. It didn’t end like he hoped it would:
#Dbacks RHP Daniel Hudson experienced stiffness in his elbow. Headed back to Phx to see Dr. Michael Lee.
— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) June 5, 2013
Tommy John rehab has become so routine these days that setbacks like this make one take notice. It’s obviously too early to know if it’s going to be problematic long term, but Hudson will surely be joining the Dbacks later than expected.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)