Jun 5, 2013, 10:27 PM EDT
Rays left-hander David Price is on the right track in his recovery from a strained left triceps muscle.
According to Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, Price is scheduled to throw his first bullpen session Friday since landing on the disabled list May 16. He will probably have to go through three or four more mound workouts after that in order to receive clearance to advance to a minor league rehab start.
Price was projected to be out until mid-to-late June when his triceps strain was originally diagnosed and his rehab so far is fitting that timetable. The 27-year-old has made only nine starts this season. He won the American League Cy Young Award in 2012.
Top pitching prospects Jake Odorizzi and Chris Archer have made starts in Price’s place.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)