Jun 5, 2013, 10:27 PM EDT
Rays left-hander David Price is on the right track in his recovery from a strained left triceps muscle.
According to Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, Price is scheduled to throw his first bullpen session Friday since landing on the disabled list May 16. He will probably have to go through three or four more mound workouts after that in order to receive clearance to advance to a minor league rehab start.
Price was projected to be out until mid-to-late June when his triceps strain was originally diagnosed and his rehab so far is fitting that timetable. The 27-year-old has made only nine starts this season. He won the American League Cy Young Award in 2012.
Top pitching prospects Jake Odorizzi and Chris Archer have made starts in Price’s place.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 7
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 44
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 83
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 68
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)