Jun 5, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
As first relayed by beat writer Mark D. Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune, an MRI taken Wednesday on Jake Peavy‘s sore left rib cage revealed a non-displaced fracture and the veteran right-hander is going to be sidelined for at least the next 4-6 weeks.
Peavy felt sharp pain in his left side just 2 1/3 innings into his start on Tuesday night against the Mariners. He surrendered six earned runs on seven hits before exiting, raising his season ERA from 3.62 to 4.30.
Hector Santiago is likely to be moved back into Chicago’s starting rotation on Sunday afternoon to face the A’s. He has spent the past couple of weeks serving as a long reliever.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)