Jun 5, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
As first relayed by beat writer Mark D. Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune, an MRI taken Wednesday on Jake Peavy‘s sore left rib cage revealed a non-displaced fracture and the veteran right-hander is going to be sidelined for at least the next 4-6 weeks.
Peavy felt sharp pain in his left side just 2 1/3 innings into his start on Tuesday night against the Mariners. He surrendered six earned runs on seven hits before exiting, raising his season ERA from 3.62 to 4.30.
Hector Santiago is likely to be moved back into Chicago’s starting rotation on Sunday afternoon to face the A’s. He has spent the past couple of weeks serving as a long reliever.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)