Jun 5, 2013, 6:41 PM EST
As first relayed by beat writer Mark D. Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune, an MRI taken Wednesday on Jake Peavy‘s sore left rib cage revealed a non-displaced fracture and the veteran right-hander is going to be sidelined for at least the next 4-6 weeks.
Peavy felt sharp pain in his left side just 2 1/3 innings into his start on Tuesday night against the Mariners. He surrendered six earned runs on seven hits before exiting, raising his season ERA from 3.62 to 4.30.
Hector Santiago is likely to be moved back into Chicago’s starting rotation on Sunday afternoon to face the A’s. He has spent the past couple of weeks serving as a long reliever.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)