Jun 5, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Jake Peavy failed to make it out of the third inning against the Mariners last night, getting knocked around for six runs before leaving with a rib injury that puts his status in question.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Peavy is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam today and the White Sox right-hander certainly didn’t sound optimistic, saying:
I can’t imagine throwing the ball in the next few days feeling the way I feel now. It’s something that’s pretty acute, pretty sharp. I couldn’t physically do much from the start of the game. Try to gut through it and it’s just frustrating. I’m hurting to take a deep breath. Just walking I can feel it. Something is going on.
Peavy struggled to reach 90 miles per hour with his fastball and indicated that the injury feels similar to when he had broken ribs in 2005. Hayes reports that Peavy felt discomfort over the weekend and visited a doctor Monday before deciding to pitch through the injury with terrible results.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 46
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)