Jun 5, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Jake Peavy failed to make it out of the third inning against the Mariners last night, getting knocked around for six runs before leaving with a rib injury that puts his status in question.
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Peavy is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam today and the White Sox right-hander certainly didn’t sound optimistic, saying:
I can’t imagine throwing the ball in the next few days feeling the way I feel now. It’s something that’s pretty acute, pretty sharp. I couldn’t physically do much from the start of the game. Try to gut through it and it’s just frustrating. I’m hurting to take a deep breath. Just walking I can feel it. Something is going on.
Peavy struggled to reach 90 miles per hour with his fastball and indicated that the injury feels similar to when he had broken ribs in 2005. Hayes reports that Peavy felt discomfort over the weekend and visited a doctor Monday before deciding to pitch through the injury with terrible results.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)