Jun 5, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Jake Westbrook made his first rehab start last night, tossing 3.2 innings at Double-A as he comes back from elbow inflammation.
Westbrook allowed one run on six hits, striking out five and walking zero. He threw 60 total pitches and afterward told Chad Thornburg of MLB.com that he “felt pretty good.”
Westbrook indicated that he could return to the Cardinals’ rotation after just one more rehab start, which is expected to be this weekend at Single-A. He’s been on the DL since May 12, but setbacks delayed his timetable.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 3
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)