Jun 5, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Jake Westbrook made his first rehab start last night, tossing 3.2 innings at Double-A as he comes back from elbow inflammation.
Westbrook allowed one run on six hits, striking out five and walking zero. He threw 60 total pitches and afterward told Chad Thornburg of MLB.com that he “felt pretty good.”
Westbrook indicated that he could return to the Cardinals’ rotation after just one more rehab start, which is expected to be this weekend at Single-A. He’s been on the DL since May 12, but setbacks delayed his timetable.
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)