Jun 5, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Jake Westbrook made his first rehab start last night, tossing 3.2 innings at Double-A as he comes back from elbow inflammation.
Westbrook allowed one run on six hits, striking out five and walking zero. He threw 60 total pitches and afterward told Chad Thornburg of MLB.com that he “felt pretty good.”
Westbrook indicated that he could return to the Cardinals’ rotation after just one more rehab start, which is expected to be this weekend at Single-A. He’s been on the DL since May 12, but setbacks delayed his timetable.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17