Jun 5, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
UPDATE: Brandon Inge delivered a pinch-hit single into left field to break up Teheran’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning.
Braves rookie Julio Teheran has a no-hitter through seven innings today against the Pirates.
Teheran, who ranked as a top 50 prospect coming into the season according to both Baseball America and MLB.com, has racked up 10 strikeouts while walking two. He’s at 93 pitches with six outs to go, so pitch count shouldn’t be a huge issue if he keeps being unhittable.
Teheran got off to a slow start, but has been on a major roll lately while allowing three or fewer runs in seven consecutive starts. Overall the 22-year-old right-hander had a 2.49 ERA and 32/6 K/BB ratio in 47 innings during that time, serving up just three homers.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)