Jun 5, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
UPDATE: Brandon Inge delivered a pinch-hit single into left field to break up Teheran’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning.
Braves rookie Julio Teheran has a no-hitter through seven innings today against the Pirates.
Teheran, who ranked as a top 50 prospect coming into the season according to both Baseball America and MLB.com, has racked up 10 strikeouts while walking two. He’s at 93 pitches with six outs to go, so pitch count shouldn’t be a huge issue if he keeps being unhittable.
Teheran got off to a slow start, but has been on a major roll lately while allowing three or fewer runs in seven consecutive starts. Overall the 22-year-old right-hander had a 2.49 ERA and 32/6 K/BB ratio in 47 innings during that time, serving up just three homers.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 15
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 36
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)