Jun 5, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
UPDATE: Brandon Inge delivered a pinch-hit single into left field to break up Teheran’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning.
Braves rookie Julio Teheran has a no-hitter through seven innings today against the Pirates.
Teheran, who ranked as a top 50 prospect coming into the season according to both Baseball America and MLB.com, has racked up 10 strikeouts while walking two. He’s at 93 pitches with six outs to go, so pitch count shouldn’t be a huge issue if he keeps being unhittable.
Teheran got off to a slow start, but has been on a major roll lately while allowing three or fewer runs in seven consecutive starts. Overall the 22-year-old right-hander had a 2.49 ERA and 32/6 K/BB ratio in 47 innings during that time, serving up just three homers.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 60
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 50
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)