Jun 5, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
UPDATE: Brandon Inge delivered a pinch-hit single into left field to break up Teheran’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning.
Braves rookie Julio Teheran has a no-hitter through seven innings today against the Pirates.
Teheran, who ranked as a top 50 prospect coming into the season according to both Baseball America and MLB.com, has racked up 10 strikeouts while walking two. He’s at 93 pitches with six outs to go, so pitch count shouldn’t be a huge issue if he keeps being unhittable.
Teheran got off to a slow start, but has been on a major roll lately while allowing three or fewer runs in seven consecutive starts. Overall the 22-year-old right-hander had a 2.49 ERA and 32/6 K/BB ratio in 47 innings during that time, serving up just three homers.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17