Jun 5, 2013, 4:40 PM EST
Stephen Strasburg tested his strained lat muscle by throwing a bullpen session this afternoon and it went poorly enough that the Nationals have placed him on the disabled list.
Because the move is backdated to Strasburg’s last start Friday he’ll be eligible to come off the disabled list on June 16. In the meantime Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the Nationals aren’t sure who’ll fill in for Strasburg this weekend, in part because Ross Detwiler won’t be ready to return from an oblique injury of his own yet.
Before leaving Friday’s start after just two innings Strasburg had thrown 72 innings with a 2.49 ERA and 71/21 K/BB ratio this season, including a 0.96 ERA in his last four outings.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)