Jun 5, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
As expected, the Rangers have activated Alexi Ogando from the disabled list for tonight’s start against the Red Sox, in Boston.
Ogando has been out since mid-May with biceps tendinitis, but tossed six innings of two-run ball (including zero earned runs) at Double-A on Friday to convince the Rangers he’s ready to return. He threw only 60 pitches in the rehab outing, so it may be an abbreviated start tonight.
Ogando had a 3.08 ERA in nine starts before the injury, making him 17-10 with a 3.40 ERA in 39 career starts.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 55
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 18
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29