Jun 5, 2013, 11:41 AM EST
Last night Ryan Braun took the field just moments after ESPN published a report suggesting he could face a suspension for involvement with the Biogenesis clinic. He addressed the media after the game, saying a lot without actually saying much, and now he’s out of the Brewers’ lineup for today’s game.
Of course, Braun has been dealing with a thumb injury for a long time now and it’s caused him to sit out games previously, so odds are the injury and not the ESPN report is behind his spot on the bench today.
Logan Schafer is filling in for Braun in left field against the A’s, making his 10th start of the season.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (363)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)