Jun 5, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Last night Ryan Braun took the field just moments after ESPN published a report suggesting he could face a suspension for involvement with the Biogenesis clinic. He addressed the media after the game, saying a lot without actually saying much, and now he’s out of the Brewers’ lineup for today’s game.
Of course, Braun has been dealing with a thumb injury for a long time now and it’s caused him to sit out games previously, so odds are the injury and not the ESPN report is behind his spot on the bench today.
Logan Schafer is filling in for Braun in left field against the A’s, making his 10th start of the season.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)