Jun 5, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Last night Ryan Braun took the field just moments after ESPN published a report suggesting he could face a suspension for involvement with the Biogenesis clinic. He addressed the media after the game, saying a lot without actually saying much, and now he’s out of the Brewers’ lineup for today’s game.
Of course, Braun has been dealing with a thumb injury for a long time now and it’s caused him to sit out games previously, so odds are the injury and not the ESPN report is behind his spot on the bench today.
Logan Schafer is filling in for Braun in left field against the A’s, making his 10th start of the season.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)