Jun 5, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Last night Ryan Braun took the field just moments after ESPN published a report suggesting he could face a suspension for involvement with the Biogenesis clinic. He addressed the media after the game, saying a lot without actually saying much, and now he’s out of the Brewers’ lineup for today’s game.
Of course, Braun has been dealing with a thumb injury for a long time now and it’s caused him to sit out games previously, so odds are the injury and not the ESPN report is behind his spot on the bench today.
Logan Schafer is filling in for Braun in left field against the A’s, making his 10th start of the season.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 56
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 1
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 131
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (131)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)