Jun 5, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Here’s what Braun told the media assembled around his locker, via Adam McCalvy of MLB.com:
A lot of people here. I assume I know why everybody is here. I’ve already addressed everything related to the Miami situation. I addressed it in spring training. I will not make any further statements about it. The truth has not changed. I don’t know the specifics of the story that came out today, but I’ve already addressed it, I’ve already commented on it, and I’ll say nothing further about it.
At that point Braun said he hadn’t actually read the ESPN story because it was published just moments before he took the field, but a member of the Brewers’ public relations staff filled him in after the game. McCalvy has a few more quotes from Braun, who said stuff like “I think I’m pretty good at avoiding distractions” and “we all deal with challenges in life.”
Feel free to compare and contrast yesterday’s quotes to what Braun said during his lengthy press conference last February, when his positive urine test was deemed tainted.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)