Jun 5, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Here’s what Braun told the media assembled around his locker, via Adam McCalvy of MLB.com:
A lot of people here. I assume I know why everybody is here. I’ve already addressed everything related to the Miami situation. I addressed it in spring training. I will not make any further statements about it. The truth has not changed. I don’t know the specifics of the story that came out today, but I’ve already addressed it, I’ve already commented on it, and I’ll say nothing further about it.
At that point Braun said he hadn’t actually read the ESPN story because it was published just moments before he took the field, but a member of the Brewers’ public relations staff filled him in after the game. McCalvy has a few more quotes from Braun, who said stuff like “I think I’m pretty good at avoiding distractions” and “we all deal with challenges in life.”
Feel free to compare and contrast yesterday’s quotes to what Braun said during his lengthy press conference last February, when his positive urine test was deemed tainted.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)