Jun 5, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
From Eric Stephen of True Blue LA comes word that Dodgers reliever Scott Elbert needs Tommy John reconstructive surgery on his left elbow to repair a complete UCL tear. He is done for the rest of the season and will struggle to return before July 2014.
Elbert has been dealing with elbow problems since last August and even had a pair of minor surgeries this offseason. They obviously did not do the trick.
The 27-year-old southpaw has a 3.61 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and 92/41 K/BB ratio in 92 1/3 career major league innings. He was a first-round pick of the Dodgers (17th overall) in the 2004 MLB Amateur Draft.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59