Jun 5, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
From Eric Stephen of True Blue LA comes word that Dodgers reliever Scott Elbert needs Tommy John reconstructive surgery on his left elbow to repair a complete UCL tear. He is done for the rest of the season and will struggle to return before July 2014.
Elbert has been dealing with elbow problems since last August and even had a pair of minor surgeries this offseason. They obviously did not do the trick.
The 27-year-old southpaw has a 3.61 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and 92/41 K/BB ratio in 92 1/3 career major league innings. He was a first-round pick of the Dodgers (17th overall) in the 2004 MLB Amateur Draft.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)