Jun 5, 2013, 1:43 PM EST
Rodriguez has pitched very well since coming to the Pirates last year in a midseason trade, posting a 3.60 ERA and 96/36 K/BB ratio in 137 innings, so losing the veteran left-hander would be a big blow to a pitching staff that surprisingly ranks third in the league in ERA.
Bryan Morris replaced Rodriguez in the first inning today, but he shifted to the bullpen full time last season and the Pirates would likely look elsewhere for a rotation fill-in.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (110)