Jun 5, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
Rodriguez has pitched very well since coming to the Pirates last year in a midseason trade, posting a 3.60 ERA and 96/36 K/BB ratio in 137 innings, so losing the veteran left-hander would be a big blow to a pitching staff that surprisingly ranks third in the league in ERA.
Bryan Morris replaced Rodriguez in the first inning today, but he shifted to the bullpen full time last season and the Pirates would likely look elsewhere for a rotation fill-in.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)