Jun 5, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
Molina caught all 14 innings of Tuesday’s 7-6 loss to the Diamondbacks, so he was probably going to rest this evening anyway. Tony Cruz will get the start in his place and utilityman Ty Wigginton will serve as the Cardinals’ emergency backup behind the plate.
Yadi was handed the one-game suspension on Monday after making contact with two umpires following a close call at first base in Sunday’s loss to the Giants. Molina claimed after that game that he was upset with himself for not executing and not with the first base umpire’s call (which was a correct call), but fighting a one-game sentence is sort of pointless.
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 2
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 11
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 71
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 24
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)