Jun 5, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
Molina caught all 14 innings of Tuesday’s 7-6 loss to the Diamondbacks, so he was probably going to rest this evening anyway. Tony Cruz will get the start in his place and utilityman Ty Wigginton will serve as the Cardinals’ emergency backup behind the plate.
Yadi was handed the one-game suspension on Monday after making contact with two umpires following a close call at first base in Sunday’s loss to the Giants. Molina claimed after that game that he was upset with himself for not executing and not with the first base umpire’s call (which was a correct call), but fighting a one-game sentence is sort of pointless.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)