Jun 5, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
Molina caught all 14 innings of Tuesday’s 7-6 loss to the Diamondbacks, so he was probably going to rest this evening anyway. Tony Cruz will get the start in his place and utilityman Ty Wigginton will serve as the Cardinals’ emergency backup behind the plate.
Yadi was handed the one-game suspension on Monday after making contact with two umpires following a close call at first base in Sunday’s loss to the Giants. Molina claimed after that game that he was upset with himself for not executing and not with the first base umpire’s call (which was a correct call), but fighting a one-game sentence is sort of pointless.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 115
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (156)