Jun 5, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
Molina caught all 14 innings of Tuesday’s 7-6 loss to the Diamondbacks, so he was probably going to rest this evening anyway. Tony Cruz will get the start in his place and utilityman Ty Wigginton will serve as the Cardinals’ emergency backup behind the plate.
Yadi was handed the one-game suspension on Monday after making contact with two umpires following a close call at first base in Sunday’s loss to the Giants. Molina claimed after that game that he was upset with himself for not executing and not with the first base umpire’s call (which was a correct call), but fighting a one-game sentence is sort of pointless.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)