Jun 6, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com has an update on Bryce Harper‘s injury status, reporting that the Nationals outfielder has yet to resume baseball activities as he recovers from left knee bursitis (and crashing into the wall at Dodger Stadium).
That means he definitely won’t be ready to come off the disabled list when eligible Tuesday and in fact Zuckerman reports that Harper will be examined Monday by Dr. James Andews. That news isn’t quite as grim as it is for pitchers, but obviously it’s also not good.
Harper won’t rejoin the Nationals without first going on a minor-league rehab assignment, but it seems silly to speculate about a timetable until after he gets looked at by Dr. Andrews.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)