Jun 6, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com has an update on Bryce Harper‘s injury status, reporting that the Nationals outfielder has yet to resume baseball activities as he recovers from left knee bursitis (and crashing into the wall at Dodger Stadium).
That means he definitely won’t be ready to come off the disabled list when eligible Tuesday and in fact Zuckerman reports that Harper will be examined Monday by Dr. James Andews. That news isn’t quite as grim as it is for pitchers, but obviously it’s also not good.
Harper won’t rejoin the Nationals without first going on a minor-league rehab assignment, but it seems silly to speculate about a timetable until after he gets looked at by Dr. Andrews.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)