Jun 6, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com has an update on Bryce Harper‘s injury status, reporting that the Nationals outfielder has yet to resume baseball activities as he recovers from left knee bursitis (and crashing into the wall at Dodger Stadium).
That means he definitely won’t be ready to come off the disabled list when eligible Tuesday and in fact Zuckerman reports that Harper will be examined Monday by Dr. James Andews. That news isn’t quite as grim as it is for pitchers, but obviously it’s also not good.
Harper won’t rejoin the Nationals without first going on a minor-league rehab assignment, but it seems silly to speculate about a timetable until after he gets looked at by Dr. Andrews.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)