Jun 6, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com has an update on Bryce Harper‘s injury status, reporting that the Nationals outfielder has yet to resume baseball activities as he recovers from left knee bursitis (and crashing into the wall at Dodger Stadium).
That means he definitely won’t be ready to come off the disabled list when eligible Tuesday and in fact Zuckerman reports that Harper will be examined Monday by Dr. James Andews. That news isn’t quite as grim as it is for pitchers, but obviously it’s also not good.
Harper won’t rejoin the Nationals without first going on a minor-league rehab assignment, but it seems silly to speculate about a timetable until after he gets looked at by Dr. Andrews.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)