Jun 6, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
NBA player Jason Collins will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Rangers-Red Sox game tonight at Fenway Park, which is holding the first ever “Pride Night.”
The free agent center previously played in Boston for the Celtics and back in April the Red Sox’s official Twitter account tweeted words of support for Collins when he announced that he was gay.
Jerry Spar of WEEI.com notes that Collins and his college roommate, Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy III, are scheduled to march in the Boston Pride Parade this weekend.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40