Jun 6, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
NBA player Jason Collins will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Rangers-Red Sox game tonight at Fenway Park, which is holding the first ever “Pride Night.”
The free agent center previously played in Boston for the Celtics and back in April the Red Sox’s official Twitter account tweeted words of support for Collins when he announced that he was gay.
Jerry Spar of WEEI.com notes that Collins and his college roommate, Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy III, are scheduled to march in the Boston Pride Parade this weekend.
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22