Jun 6, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
NBA player Jason Collins will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Rangers-Red Sox game tonight at Fenway Park, which is holding the first ever “Pride Night.”
The free agent center previously played in Boston for the Celtics and back in April the Red Sox’s official Twitter account tweeted words of support for Collins when he announced that he was gay.
Jerry Spar of WEEI.com notes that Collins and his college roommate, Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy III, are scheduled to march in the Boston Pride Parade this weekend.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)