Jun 6, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Scratched from his scheduled weekend start with a shoulder injury, Jon Niese threw a 39-pitch bullpen session yesterday without any problems.
Anthony DiComo of MLB.com reports that Niese is hoping to avoid the disabled list and rejoin the Mets’ rotation Saturday against the Marlins, which would mean missing just one start with the injury.
Niese admitted to pitching through discomfort for multiple starts before finally being skipped, but told DiComo that even a few days of extra rest made “a night-and-day difference.”
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)