Jun 6, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
This isn’t what it appears to be. It’s not the Angels wishing to crush criticism of their awful baseball team. But it is kinda weird all the same.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Angels made a fan remove a paper bag from his head at a recent game. Why?
“Security just showed up out of nowhere,” Bouldin said Wednesday. “They said you can’t wear anything over your head.”
That indeed is the Angels’ policy, team spokesman Tim Mead said. During last week’s series against the Dodgers, Mead said security officials asked a fan dressed in a monkey suit to remove his monkey mask.
First they came for the monkey mask wearers, but I didn’t say anything for I do not wear monkey masks …
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 18
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 27
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 29
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)