Jun 6, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
This isn’t what it appears to be. It’s not the Angels wishing to crush criticism of their awful baseball team. But it is kinda weird all the same.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Angels made a fan remove a paper bag from his head at a recent game. Why?
“Security just showed up out of nowhere,” Bouldin said Wednesday. “They said you can’t wear anything over your head.”
That indeed is the Angels’ policy, team spokesman Tim Mead said. During last week’s series against the Dodgers, Mead said security officials asked a fan dressed in a monkey suit to remove his monkey mask.
First they came for the monkey mask wearers, but I didn’t say anything for I do not wear monkey masks …
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 3
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 17
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 52
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 67
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 31
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)