Jun 6, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
This isn’t what it appears to be. It’s not the Angels wishing to crush criticism of their awful baseball team. But it is kinda weird all the same.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Angels made a fan remove a paper bag from his head at a recent game. Why?
“Security just showed up out of nowhere,” Bouldin said Wednesday. “They said you can’t wear anything over your head.”
That indeed is the Angels’ policy, team spokesman Tim Mead said. During last week’s series against the Dodgers, Mead said security officials asked a fan dressed in a monkey suit to remove his monkey mask.
First they came for the monkey mask wearers, but I didn’t say anything for I do not wear monkey masks …
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)