Jun 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
With the Marlins sitting at an MLB-worst 16-44 it’s only a matter of time before they start trading away veterans who generate any sort of trade interest, but they’ve repeatedly said that Giancarlo Stanton won’t be moved and apparently some other players aren’t on the block either.
Why the Marlins would be unwilling to entertain offers on a pair of 27-year-old relief pitchers is unclear, which makes me think the right offer could snag either pitcher, but Frisaro does say that Opening Day starter Ricky Nolasco and setup man Ryan Webb are very much available.
I’d be shocked if Nolasco isn’t traded by July 31.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)