Jun 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
With the Marlins sitting at an MLB-worst 16-44 it’s only a matter of time before they start trading away veterans who generate any sort of trade interest, but they’ve repeatedly said that Giancarlo Stanton won’t be moved and apparently some other players aren’t on the block either.
Why the Marlins would be unwilling to entertain offers on a pair of 27-year-old relief pitchers is unclear, which makes me think the right offer could snag either pitcher, but Frisaro does say that Opening Day starter Ricky Nolasco and setup man Ryan Webb are very much available.
I’d be shocked if Nolasco isn’t traded by July 31.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)