Jun 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
With the Marlins sitting at an MLB-worst 16-44 it’s only a matter of time before they start trading away veterans who generate any sort of trade interest, but they’ve repeatedly said that Giancarlo Stanton won’t be moved and apparently some other players aren’t on the block either.
Why the Marlins would be unwilling to entertain offers on a pair of 27-year-old relief pitchers is unclear, which makes me think the right offer could snag either pitcher, but Frisaro does say that Opening Day starter Ricky Nolasco and setup man Ryan Webb are very much available.
I’d be shocked if Nolasco isn’t traded by July 31.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)