Jun 7, 2013, 10:55 PM EST
The Giants have placed center fielder Angel Pagan on the 15-day disabled list due to a continued battle with a strained right hamstring, reports CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly. Pagan had been out of the lineup for 11 consecutive days, so his arrival on the DL is retroactive 10 days.
The Giants recalled Juan Perez from Triple-A to take Pagan’s spot on the roster. With the Fresno Grizzlies, Perez had an .837 OPS with nine home runs and 34 RBI in 240 PA. Baggarly notes that Perez can play all three outfield spots, as well as second base and third base. The right-hander should expect most of his at-bats to come against left-handed pitching.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)