Jun 7, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The Giants have placed center fielder Angel Pagan on the 15-day disabled list due to a continued battle with a strained right hamstring, reports CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly. Pagan had been out of the lineup for 11 consecutive days, so his arrival on the DL is retroactive 10 days.
The Giants recalled Juan Perez from Triple-A to take Pagan’s spot on the roster. With the Fresno Grizzlies, Perez had an .837 OPS with nine home runs and 34 RBI in 240 PA. Baggarly notes that Perez can play all three outfield spots, as well as second base and third base. The right-hander should expect most of his at-bats to come against left-handed pitching.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)