Jun 7, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The Giants have placed center fielder Angel Pagan on the 15-day disabled list due to a continued battle with a strained right hamstring, reports CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly. Pagan had been out of the lineup for 11 consecutive days, so his arrival on the DL is retroactive 10 days.
The Giants recalled Juan Perez from Triple-A to take Pagan’s spot on the roster. With the Fresno Grizzlies, Perez had an .837 OPS with nine home runs and 34 RBI in 240 PA. Baggarly notes that Perez can play all three outfield spots, as well as second base and third base. The right-hander should expect most of his at-bats to come against left-handed pitching.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)