Jun 7, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The Giants have placed center fielder Angel Pagan on the 15-day disabled list due to a continued battle with a strained right hamstring, reports CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly. Pagan had been out of the lineup for 11 consecutive days, so his arrival on the DL is retroactive 10 days.
The Giants recalled Juan Perez from Triple-A to take Pagan’s spot on the roster. With the Fresno Grizzlies, Perez had an .837 OPS with nine home runs and 34 RBI in 240 PA. Baggarly notes that Perez can play all three outfield spots, as well as second base and third base. The right-hander should expect most of his at-bats to come against left-handed pitching.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8