Jun 7, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The Giants have placed center fielder Angel Pagan on the 15-day disabled list due to a continued battle with a strained right hamstring, reports CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly. Pagan had been out of the lineup for 11 consecutive days, so his arrival on the DL is retroactive 10 days.
The Giants recalled Juan Perez from Triple-A to take Pagan’s spot on the roster. With the Fresno Grizzlies, Perez had an .837 OPS with nine home runs and 34 RBI in 240 PA. Baggarly notes that Perez can play all three outfield spots, as well as second base and third base. The right-hander should expect most of his at-bats to come against left-handed pitching.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)