Jun 7, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez continues to deal with tightness in his left hamstring and, as a result, is not in the Dodger lineup for the second consecutive night. Ramirez had spent a month on the disabled list before being reinstated on Tuesday. He has one hit and one walk in nine trips to the plate since returning. He pinch-hit for Kenley Jansen in last night’s game and came around to score on Yasiel Puig’s grand slam.
Ramirez had also missed the first 24 games of the season recovering from a torn ligament in his right thumb, suffered during the World Baseball Classic. As a result, he has started a grand total of five games in 2013. The Dodgers acquired him on July 25 last year when the Marlins were starting their annual fire sale, sending Nate Eovaldi and Scott McGough to Miami in return.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 15
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 43
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (76)