Jun 7, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez continues to deal with tightness in his left hamstring and, as a result, is not in the Dodger lineup for the second consecutive night. Ramirez had spent a month on the disabled list before being reinstated on Tuesday. He has one hit and one walk in nine trips to the plate since returning. He pinch-hit for Kenley Jansen in last night’s game and came around to score on Yasiel Puig’s grand slam.
Ramirez had also missed the first 24 games of the season recovering from a torn ligament in his right thumb, suffered during the World Baseball Classic. As a result, he has started a grand total of five games in 2013. The Dodgers acquired him on July 25 last year when the Marlins were starting their annual fire sale, sending Nate Eovaldi and Scott McGough to Miami in return.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8