Jun 7, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez continues to deal with tightness in his left hamstring and, as a result, is not in the Dodger lineup for the second consecutive night. Ramirez had spent a month on the disabled list before being reinstated on Tuesday. He has one hit and one walk in nine trips to the plate since returning. He pinch-hit for Kenley Jansen in last night’s game and came around to score on Yasiel Puig’s grand slam.
Ramirez had also missed the first 24 games of the season recovering from a torn ligament in his right thumb, suffered during the World Baseball Classic. As a result, he has started a grand total of five games in 2013. The Dodgers acquired him on July 25 last year when the Marlins were starting their annual fire sale, sending Nate Eovaldi and Scott McGough to Miami in return.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 38
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 17
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29