Jun 7, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez continues to deal with tightness in his left hamstring and, as a result, is not in the Dodger lineup for the second consecutive night. Ramirez had spent a month on the disabled list before being reinstated on Tuesday. He has one hit and one walk in nine trips to the plate since returning. He pinch-hit for Kenley Jansen in last night’s game and came around to score on Yasiel Puig’s grand slam.
Ramirez had also missed the first 24 games of the season recovering from a torn ligament in his right thumb, suffered during the World Baseball Classic. As a result, he has started a grand total of five games in 2013. The Dodgers acquired him on July 25 last year when the Marlins were starting their annual fire sale, sending Nate Eovaldi and Scott McGough to Miami in return.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)