Jun 7, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez continues to deal with tightness in his left hamstring and, as a result, is not in the Dodger lineup for the second consecutive night. Ramirez had spent a month on the disabled list before being reinstated on Tuesday. He has one hit and one walk in nine trips to the plate since returning. He pinch-hit for Kenley Jansen in last night’s game and came around to score on Yasiel Puig’s grand slam.
Ramirez had also missed the first 24 games of the season recovering from a torn ligament in his right thumb, suffered during the World Baseball Classic. As a result, he has started a grand total of five games in 2013. The Dodgers acquired him on July 25 last year when the Marlins were starting their annual fire sale, sending Nate Eovaldi and Scott McGough to Miami in return.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)