Jun 7, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Initial reports had Perez being charged with drug possession, but that was later amended to Perez simply being investigated for a package containing marijuana being delivered to his house. There was even some speculation that the place’s previous owners, who apparently had a lengthy rap sheet, were responsible.
Today most of that confusion has been cleared up, as NewsNet5 in Cleveland reports that Perez and his wife have been charged with a misdemeanor count of possession of controlled substance. According to police the couple had “a little more than a third of a pound of marijuana or 163.9 grams” delivered to their home and they’re scheduled to be arraigned on June 19.
Perez, who’s on the disabled list with a shoulder injury, has been released on bond.
UPDATE: Perez’s lawyer told Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the couple will plead not guilty.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)