Jun 7, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Initial reports had Perez being charged with drug possession, but that was later amended to Perez simply being investigated for a package containing marijuana being delivered to his house. There was even some speculation that the place’s previous owners, who apparently had a lengthy rap sheet, were responsible.
Today most of that confusion has been cleared up, as NewsNet5 in Cleveland reports that Perez and his wife have been charged with a misdemeanor count of possession of controlled substance. According to police the couple had “a little more than a third of a pound of marijuana or 163.9 grams” delivered to their home and they’re scheduled to be arraigned on June 19.
Perez, who’s on the disabled list with a shoulder injury, has been released on bond.
UPDATE: Perez’s lawyer told Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the couple will plead not guilty.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)