Jun 7, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino could be activated from the 15-day disabled list before the second game of tomorrow’s double-header, according to Peter Abraham. Victorino has been dealing with a strained left hamstring and hasn’t played since May 20 as a result. Recently, he has been rehabbing with Triple-A Pawtucket.
The Sox signed Victorino to a three-year, $39 million free agent contract back in December. He is sitting on a paltry .705 OPS. Along with the injury, it has not been the first year of the contract the team envisioned when they brought him on board.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12