Jun 8, 2013, 9:29 AM EDT
David Cornwell has joined Jay Reisinger to represent Rodriguez in preparation for a potential fight against MLB. The story was first reported by ESPN’s Darren Rovell.
We learned earlier this week that Rodriguez and Braun are among the players who could face suspensions for their alleged connections to Biogenesis, a now-shuttered anti-aging clinic in South Florida. The clinic’s founder, Anthony Bosch, has agreed to cooperate with MLB’s investigation, though they reportedly have “tons” of other witnesses to help their case.
Cornwell isn’t a bad guy to have on your side, as he helped convince an independent arbitrator to overturn a 50-game suspension for Braun in February of 2012 by arguing that the chain of custody protocol with his drug test had not been followed. While MLB is going after Braun again, Rovell reports that he is not working with Cornwell in advance of the Biogenesis fallout.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)