Jun 8, 2013, 9:29 AM EST
David Cornwell has joined Jay Reisinger to represent Rodriguez in preparation for a potential fight against MLB. The story was first reported by ESPN’s Darren Rovell.
We learned earlier this week that Rodriguez and Braun are among the players who could face suspensions for their alleged connections to Biogenesis, a now-shuttered anti-aging clinic in South Florida. The clinic’s founder, Anthony Bosch, has agreed to cooperate with MLB’s investigation, though they reportedly have “tons” of other witnesses to help their case.
Cornwell isn’t a bad guy to have on your side, as he helped convince an independent arbitrator to overturn a 50-game suspension for Braun in February of 2012 by arguing that the chain of custody protocol with his drug test had not been followed. While MLB is going after Braun again, Rovell reports that he is not working with Cornwell in advance of the Biogenesis fallout.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27