Jun 8, 2013, 9:29 AM EDT
David Cornwell has joined Jay Reisinger to represent Rodriguez in preparation for a potential fight against MLB. The story was first reported by ESPN’s Darren Rovell.
We learned earlier this week that Rodriguez and Braun are among the players who could face suspensions for their alleged connections to Biogenesis, a now-shuttered anti-aging clinic in South Florida. The clinic’s founder, Anthony Bosch, has agreed to cooperate with MLB’s investigation, though they reportedly have “tons” of other witnesses to help their case.
Cornwell isn’t a bad guy to have on your side, as he helped convince an independent arbitrator to overturn a 50-game suspension for Braun in February of 2012 by arguing that the chain of custody protocol with his drug test had not been followed. While MLB is going after Braun again, Rovell reports that he is not working with Cornwell in advance of the Biogenesis fallout.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)