Jun 8, 2013, 9:29 AM EDT
David Cornwell has joined Jay Reisinger to represent Rodriguez in preparation for a potential fight against MLB. The story was first reported by ESPN’s Darren Rovell.
We learned earlier this week that Rodriguez and Braun are among the players who could face suspensions for their alleged connections to Biogenesis, a now-shuttered anti-aging clinic in South Florida. The clinic’s founder, Anthony Bosch, has agreed to cooperate with MLB’s investigation, though they reportedly have “tons” of other witnesses to help their case.
Cornwell isn’t a bad guy to have on your side, as he helped convince an independent arbitrator to overturn a 50-game suspension for Braun in February of 2012 by arguing that the chain of custody protocol with his drug test had not been followed. While MLB is going after Braun again, Rovell reports that he is not working with Cornwell in advance of the Biogenesis fallout.
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 17
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 11
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 36
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 185
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (185)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)