Jun 8, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Yankees starter Andy Pettitte became the 47th pitcher in Major League history to join the 250-win club with a victory over the Mariners this afternoon. Pettitte held the Mariners to one run on three hits and no walks in seven and a third innings, striking out six as the Yankees went on to win 3-1.
ESPN Stats & Info points out that Pettitte is the fifth Yankee in the 250-win club:
Via @eliassports Andy Pettitte is 5th pitcher to win 250th game in a Yankees uniform. Others: Ruffing, Clemens, Randy Johnson, Mussina
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) June 8, 2013
If he wins five more games between his next start and the end of the season, he should move into 42nd place on the all-time list, ahead of Red Faber and Jack Morris at 254 and behind Ted Lyons at 260.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (87)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)