Jun 8, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Anibal Sanchez has been scratched from his scheduled start tomorrow against the Indians due to right shoulder stiffness, reports Jason Beck of MLB.com. Jose Alvarez will be called up to start in his place.
Sanchez had season-ending labrum surgery back in 2007 with the Marlins, but he told Beck that the tightness is more in his upper back than his shoulder. The 29-year-old said he had the same issue last year and only missed one start, so he’s hoping for similar luck this time around.
Sanchez is off to a fantastic start for the AL Central-leading Tigers this season, posting a 2.65 ERA and 98/19 K/BB ratio over 78 innings. Only Yu Darvish and teammate Max Scherzer have more strikeout.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 6
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 42
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)