Jun 8, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Anibal Sanchez has been scratched from his scheduled start tomorrow against the Indians due to right shoulder stiffness, reports Jason Beck of MLB.com. Jose Alvarez will be called up to start in his place.
Sanchez had season-ending labrum surgery back in 2007 with the Marlins, but he told Beck that the tightness is more in his upper back than his shoulder. The 29-year-old said he had the same issue last year and only missed one start, so he’s hoping for similar luck this time around.
Sanchez is off to a fantastic start for the AL Central-leading Tigers this season, posting a 2.65 ERA and 98/19 K/BB ratio over 78 innings. Only Yu Darvish and teammate Max Scherzer have more strikeout.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 0
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (91)