Jun 8, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
The Astros added a pitcher to the stable by claiming left-hander Wade LeBlanc off of waivers. The Marlins had put him on waivers on Sunday after he recorded five outs in relief of Kevin Slowey against the Mets. Overall, LeBlanc posted a 5.18 ERA in 48.2 innings this season. Pitching in between the rotation and bullpen last year with the Marlins, he finished with a 3.67 ERA in 68.2 innings.
The Astros official Twitter reports the team will make a roster decision to make room for LeBlanc when he joins them in Kansas City tomorrow.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 26
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)