Jun 8, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
The Astros added a pitcher to the stable by claiming left-hander Wade LeBlanc off of waivers. The Marlins had put him on waivers on Sunday after he recorded five outs in relief of Kevin Slowey against the Mets. Overall, LeBlanc posted a 5.18 ERA in 48.2 innings this season. Pitching in between the rotation and bullpen last year with the Marlins, he finished with a 3.67 ERA in 68.2 innings.
The Astros official Twitter reports the team will make a roster decision to make room for LeBlanc when he joins them in Kansas City tomorrow.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)