Jun 8, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
The Astros added a pitcher to the stable by claiming left-hander Wade LeBlanc off of waivers. The Marlins had put him on waivers on Sunday after he recorded five outs in relief of Kevin Slowey against the Mets. Overall, LeBlanc posted a 5.18 ERA in 48.2 innings this season. Pitching in between the rotation and bullpen last year with the Marlins, he finished with a 3.67 ERA in 68.2 innings.
The Astros official Twitter reports the team will make a roster decision to make room for LeBlanc when he joins them in Kansas City tomorrow.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 52
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 20
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 51
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)