Jun 8, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
The Astros added a pitcher to the stable by claiming left-hander Wade LeBlanc off of waivers. The Marlins had put him on waivers on Sunday after he recorded five outs in relief of Kevin Slowey against the Mets. Overall, LeBlanc posted a 5.18 ERA in 48.2 innings this season. Pitching in between the rotation and bullpen last year with the Marlins, he finished with a 3.67 ERA in 68.2 innings.
The Astros official Twitter reports the team will make a roster decision to make room for LeBlanc when he joins them in Kansas City tomorrow.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)