Jun 8, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
The Astros added a pitcher to the stable by claiming left-hander Wade LeBlanc off of waivers. The Marlins had put him on waivers on Sunday after he recorded five outs in relief of Kevin Slowey against the Mets. Overall, LeBlanc posted a 5.18 ERA in 48.2 innings this season. Pitching in between the rotation and bullpen last year with the Marlins, he finished with a 3.67 ERA in 68.2 innings.
The Astros official Twitter reports the team will make a roster decision to make room for LeBlanc when he joins them in Kansas City tomorrow.
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 1
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 5
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)