Jun 8, 2013, 11:05 PM EST
Reds starter Mat Latos was last saddled with a loss on August 24 last season, when he allowed seven runs in five innings to the Cardinals. In the 20 starts since, Latos has won ten games and received ten no-decisions. Tonight marked the 20th consecutive game in which Latos started a game and did not lose.
Latos held the Cardinals to two runs on eight hits and no walks in seven innings, striking out five in the process. Jonathan Broxton pitched a scoreless eighth and Aroldis Chapman shut the door in the ninth for the save. He improved his ERA to 2.87 and is 6-0 in 13 starts on the season. He will look to extend his streak to 21 games on Thursday afternoon when the Reds will wrap up a four-game series in Chicago against the Cubs.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)