Jun 8, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Reds starter Mat Latos was last saddled with a loss on August 24 last season, when he allowed seven runs in five innings to the Cardinals. In the 20 starts since, Latos has won ten games and received ten no-decisions. Tonight marked the 20th consecutive game in which Latos started a game and did not lose.
Latos held the Cardinals to two runs on eight hits and no walks in seven innings, striking out five in the process. Jonathan Broxton pitched a scoreless eighth and Aroldis Chapman shut the door in the ninth for the save. He improved his ERA to 2.87 and is 6-0 in 13 starts on the season. He will look to extend his streak to 21 games on Thursday afternoon when the Reds will wrap up a four-game series in Chicago against the Cubs.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 25
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 56
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)