Jun 8, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Reds starter Mat Latos was last saddled with a loss on August 24 last season, when he allowed seven runs in five innings to the Cardinals. In the 20 starts since, Latos has won ten games and received ten no-decisions. Tonight marked the 20th consecutive game in which Latos started a game and did not lose.
Latos held the Cardinals to two runs on eight hits and no walks in seven innings, striking out five in the process. Jonathan Broxton pitched a scoreless eighth and Aroldis Chapman shut the door in the ninth for the save. He improved his ERA to 2.87 and is 6-0 in 13 starts on the season. He will look to extend his streak to 21 games on Thursday afternoon when the Reds will wrap up a four-game series in Chicago against the Cubs.
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 8
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 11
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)