Jun 8, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Reds starter Mat Latos was last saddled with a loss on August 24 last season, when he allowed seven runs in five innings to the Cardinals. In the 20 starts since, Latos has won ten games and received ten no-decisions. Tonight marked the 20th consecutive game in which Latos started a game and did not lose.
Latos held the Cardinals to two runs on eight hits and no walks in seven innings, striking out five in the process. Jonathan Broxton pitched a scoreless eighth and Aroldis Chapman shut the door in the ninth for the save. He improved his ERA to 2.87 and is 6-0 in 13 starts on the season. He will look to extend his streak to 21 games on Thursday afternoon when the Reds will wrap up a four-game series in Chicago against the Cubs.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 29
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 127
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (127)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)