Jun 8, 2013, 4:01 PM EST
Harvey allowed one run on six hits and no walks before exiting. The young right-hander may have tweaked his back while running the bases after he reached on a single in the bottom of the seventh inning. He was pulled from the ballgame after going out to make his warm-up pitches before the eighth.
No word on whether Harvey will be able to make his next start, but the good news is that his early exit had nothing to to with his arm. Zack Wheeler could have his timeline moved up if the Mets decide to skip him.
Harvey, 24, has a 2.10 ERA across 13 starts this season. With six whiffs today, he now holds the National League lead with 95 strikeouts.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)