Jun 8, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
Matt Harvey left after the seventh inning of this afternoon’s game against the Marlins with a back injury. He had held the Marlins to one run over seven innings. In the dugout after his final inning, he spoke to pitching coach Dan Warthen about the injury, prompting manager Terry Collins to relieve him with Brandon Lyon.
Harvey, though, says he expects to make his next start on Friday against the Cubs, per ESPN’s Adam Rubin. With a 2.10 ERA and 95 strikeouts in 90 innings, Harvey is one of the early contenders for the NL Cy Young award.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 2
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 36
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 63
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)