Jun 8, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
Matt Harvey left after the seventh inning of this afternoon’s game against the Marlins with a back injury. He had held the Marlins to one run over seven innings. In the dugout after his final inning, he spoke to pitching coach Dan Warthen about the injury, prompting manager Terry Collins to relieve him with Brandon Lyon.
Harvey, though, says he expects to make his next start on Friday against the Cubs, per ESPN’s Adam Rubin. With a 2.10 ERA and 95 strikeouts in 90 innings, Harvey is one of the early contenders for the NL Cy Young award.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (80)