Jun 8, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
Matt Harvey left after the seventh inning of this afternoon’s game against the Marlins with a back injury. He had held the Marlins to one run over seven innings. In the dugout after his final inning, he spoke to pitching coach Dan Warthen about the injury, prompting manager Terry Collins to relieve him with Brandon Lyon.
Harvey, though, says he expects to make his next start on Friday against the Cubs, per ESPN’s Adam Rubin. With a 2.10 ERA and 95 strikeouts in 90 innings, Harvey is one of the early contenders for the NL Cy Young award.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)