Jun 8, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
Matt Harvey left after the seventh inning of this afternoon’s game against the Marlins with a back injury. He had held the Marlins to one run over seven innings. In the dugout after his final inning, he spoke to pitching coach Dan Warthen about the injury, prompting manager Terry Collins to relieve him with Brandon Lyon.
Harvey, though, says he expects to make his next start on Friday against the Cubs, per ESPN’s Adam Rubin. With a 2.10 ERA and 95 strikeouts in 90 innings, Harvey is one of the early contenders for the NL Cy Young award.
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 0
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 10
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)