Jun 8, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
Matt Harvey left after the seventh inning of this afternoon’s game against the Marlins with a back injury. He had held the Marlins to one run over seven innings. In the dugout after his final inning, he spoke to pitching coach Dan Warthen about the injury, prompting manager Terry Collins to relieve him with Brandon Lyon.
Harvey, though, says he expects to make his next start on Friday against the Cubs, per ESPN’s Adam Rubin. With a 2.10 ERA and 95 strikeouts in 90 innings, Harvey is one of the early contenders for the NL Cy Young award.
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 3
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 42
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 33
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 4
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)