Jun 8, 2013, 11:20 AM EDT
Aardsma signed a minor league deal with New York last month after he opted out of his contract with the Marlins. The 31-year-old had a 1.12 ERA and 11 strikeouts in eight innings over his first eight appearances with the Mets’ Triple-A affiliate.
Mets’ relievers rank last in the majors with a 4.91 ERA, so the club could use an arm with some upside. We’ve barely heard from Aardsma since his Tommy John surgery in 2011, but he had a 2.90 ERA and 69 saves while serving as the Mariners’ closer from 2009-2010.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)