Jun 8, 2013, 11:20 AM EST
Aardsma signed a minor league deal with New York last month after he opted out of his contract with the Marlins. The 31-year-old had a 1.12 ERA and 11 strikeouts in eight innings over his first eight appearances with the Mets’ Triple-A affiliate.
Mets’ relievers rank last in the majors with a 4.91 ERA, so the club could use an arm with some upside. We’ve barely heard from Aardsma since his Tommy John surgery in 2011, but he had a 2.90 ERA and 69 saves while serving as the Mariners’ closer from 2009-2010.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)