Jun 8, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
Yankees starter Michael Pineda will begin his rehab, making his first start tomorrow afternoon with the Single-A Tampa Yankees per MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch on Twitter. He was originally scheduled to start today, but was pushed back to tomorrow due to a rainout.
Pineda, who hasn’t pitched in the Majors since September 2011, suffered a torn labrum in his right shoulder during spring training last year, requiring surgery. The Yankees are hoping to have him back by the end of June.
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 57
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 8
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 26
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 88
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)