Jun 8, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Yankees starter Michael Pineda will begin his rehab, making his first start tomorrow afternoon with the Single-A Tampa Yankees per MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch on Twitter. He was originally scheduled to start today, but was pushed back to tomorrow due to a rainout.
Pineda, who hasn’t pitched in the Majors since September 2011, suffered a torn labrum in his right shoulder during spring training last year, requiring surgery. The Yankees are hoping to have him back by the end of June.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59