Jun 8, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Yankees starter Michael Pineda will begin his rehab, making his first start tomorrow afternoon with the Single-A Tampa Yankees per MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch on Twitter. He was originally scheduled to start today, but was pushed back to tomorrow due to a rainout.
Pineda, who hasn’t pitched in the Majors since September 2011, suffered a torn labrum in his right shoulder during spring training last year, requiring surgery. The Yankees are hoping to have him back by the end of June.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)