Jun 8, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Yankees starter Michael Pineda will begin his rehab, making his first start tomorrow afternoon with the Single-A Tampa Yankees per MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch on Twitter. He was originally scheduled to start today, but was pushed back to tomorrow due to a rainout.
Pineda, who hasn’t pitched in the Majors since September 2011, suffered a torn labrum in his right shoulder during spring training last year, requiring surgery. The Yankees are hoping to have him back by the end of June.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 118
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 156
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 56
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (167)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (157)