Jun 8, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Yankees starter Michael Pineda will begin his rehab, making his first start tomorrow afternoon with the Single-A Tampa Yankees per MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch on Twitter. He was originally scheduled to start today, but was pushed back to tomorrow due to a rainout.
Pineda, who hasn’t pitched in the Majors since September 2011, suffered a torn labrum in his right shoulder during spring training last year, requiring surgery. The Yankees are hoping to have him back by the end of June.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- The Lester trade is a win-win 91
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 148
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (148)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (120)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)