Jun 8, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Per CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly, Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval came up limping after grounding into an inning-ending double play in the top of the third inning tonight against the Diamondbacks. He was taken out of the game and replaced by Joaquin Arias at the hot corner in the bottom half of the inning.
Reports indicate Sandoval re-aggravated the left foot that caused him to miss four games between May 31 and June 3. That is one explanation for his recent slump. Since May 22, Sandoval has a .195/.233/.195 slash line in 43 plate appearances.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 3
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)