Jun 8, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Per CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly, Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval came up limping after grounding into an inning-ending double play in the top of the third inning tonight against the Diamondbacks. He was taken out of the game and replaced by Joaquin Arias at the hot corner in the bottom half of the inning.
Reports indicate Sandoval re-aggravated the left foot that caused him to miss four games between May 31 and June 3. That is one explanation for his recent slump. Since May 22, Sandoval has a .195/.233/.195 slash line in 43 plate appearances.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)