Jun 8, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Per CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly, Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval came up limping after grounding into an inning-ending double play in the top of the third inning tonight against the Diamondbacks. He was taken out of the game and replaced by Joaquin Arias at the hot corner in the bottom half of the inning.
Reports indicate Sandoval re-aggravated the left foot that caused him to miss four games between May 31 and June 3. That is one explanation for his recent slump. Since May 22, Sandoval has a .195/.233/.195 slash line in 43 plate appearances.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 6
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 24
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 78
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)