Jun 8, 2013, 11:55 PM EST
Per CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly, Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval came up limping after grounding into an inning-ending double play in the top of the third inning tonight against the Diamondbacks. He was taken out of the game and replaced by Joaquin Arias at the hot corner in the bottom half of the inning.
Reports indicate Sandoval re-aggravated the left foot that caused him to miss four games between May 31 and June 3. That is one explanation for his recent slump. Since May 22, Sandoval has a .195/.233/.195 slash line in 43 plate appearances.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 44
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)