Jun 8, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Per CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly, Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval came up limping after grounding into an inning-ending double play in the top of the third inning tonight against the Diamondbacks. He was taken out of the game and replaced by Joaquin Arias at the hot corner in the bottom half of the inning.
Reports indicate Sandoval re-aggravated the left foot that caused him to miss four games between May 31 and June 3. That is one explanation for his recent slump. Since May 22, Sandoval has a .195/.233/.195 slash line in 43 plate appearances.
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 4
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 9
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 63
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 27
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 55
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 161
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)